Sunday, October 2, 2011

Be careful what you wish for.

"Colder weather has descended upon the DC area with a vengeance," I type as I pull a blanket closer around my shoulders and reach for a steaming cup of tea.


All I really have to say today is:
1) Be really really careful what you ask for.  I wanted apple picking weather, not teeth-chattering cold.  Specificity clearly is key.
2) Always splurge on the car model with heated seats.  It will always be worth it.... unless you live on a tropical island.  
3) My gift for my mother's XXth birthday (trust me, its a big one) arrived from Amazon. broken.  again.  WHAT THE EFF AM I GOING TO DO?!?!  (Dear Pinterest and Google gods, please help me find a better gift that also has low-cost expedited shipping. Amen.)

In other news:
Two of my facebook friends (not anyone I talk to regularly) are pregnant.  And not woops-I'm-in-high-school pregnant or left-for-college-came-home-early-with-a-baby pregnant.  Like graduated-from-college-had-a-beautiful-wedding-bought-a-house-with-a-nursery pregnant.  I am super excited for them, but 100% freaked out.  Though, I think some of my friends had the same reaction when I told them I was getting married.  Coming soon: stupid shit people say to when you're a "young" bride including, but not limited to: "don't do it," "you're way too young," and "OMG you're pregnant?!"  Yeah, fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment