Sunday, August 21, 2011

Exam Week.

What is it about research papers, group projects, and final exams that make me prefer blogging to anything academic?  Thursday will be the last day of the summer semester which means as of Thursday I'll only have one semester and one seminar left of grad school!  (It also means I'll graduate the week before the wedding.  Nothing like packing as much as I can into one month.)  Here is a list of other things in my life that are wayyy more fun than my pile of homework:

Chef Geoff's Happy Hour menu:  Supermugs, delicious burgers, $0.95 coozies, and bar tenders who let ask you taste test potential signature Fall drinks all shared with new friends.  I'm going to stop right there because I'd like there to be a seat for me the next time I want to go.  
Image via Facebook

Mad Men:  Ok... I'm a new addict and can't get enough of this show.   Season 1, episode 10 is playing right now and I'm obsessed with its awesomeness.  If you haven't ever watched it, I highly suggest giving it a try.  I'm totally envious of the women's clothing... but not their pointy bras or philandering husbands.


Cornhole: Wedding guests, get excited.  Lawn games will definitely be making an appearance in May.  And I've been practicing.  A lot.
Image via Prepare to Wed

The Great Cowboy Boot Hunt of 2011:  I need want a pair of Frye boots.  Cute, fun, and totally out of my budget.  I've spent wayyyy too many hours searching for them on Etsy, Ebay, and Craigslist.  I keep being outbid, but I have faith.  Brown, not too high, wooden, stacked heel, size 9.  Feel free to point me in the right direction.
Image via Zappos.com


These are my distractions.  Hopefully admitting them will be my first step to recovery/refocusing on my work.  Any offers to proofread my papers?

No comments:

Post a Comment