Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful.

I know it's cliche to post about what you're thankful for, but I thought I'd do it anyways.  Here's a list, in no particular order.


  • My family.  All of them.  I love them 100% of the time and even really really like them almost as often.  They are awesome, supportive, and hilariously funny.  This even goes for our crazy dog Finley.  And is especially true for my new nephew that is finally at home with his parents and sisters.
  • My friends.  Reread the post above because everything applies.  I'm so blessed to have made some great, new friends at my job.  We all have a serious love/hate with relationship with the work that we do, but we are in love with each other.  My old friends are still as awesome as they ever where.  
  • Luis.  He's awesome.  He's tall, dark, and handsome.  He puts up with my rising levels of crazy.  AND he wears a uniform.  I'm marrying him FTW.  
  • The fact that I am seriously broke.  One of the things my co-workers and I hate about our job?  Our paychecks just make us sad.  The silver lining is that I'm learning about how little I can actually live on, how to wait and save and wait some more, that handmade gifts are just as well loved as ones from the store, and planning ahead will pay off in the long run. Ch
  • My internship.  I'm learning so much, making excellent connections, and it boosts my moral quite a bit.  When a visitor asked me the other day "if this was my second job?" and made me feel like I was the size of an ant, I was able to use this internship to make me sound big and important.  I still went home and cried, but whatever.  
  • My interview.  Prayers of all kinds are accepted.  I really need to get this job.  
  • Our new apartment.  The only furniture we have so far is a blow-up mattress and a shelf.  But it's ours, we can afford it, and it's almost 900 square feet.  I don't want to make you jealous, but the utilities are also included.  
  • Christmas radio stations.  Enough said.  (And also the Muppet radio station I found while searching for said Christmas tunes.)
  • DC.  We're headed to the museums and ZooLights tomorrow so I'm pretty excited.  I lovelovelove being in the city, living in the city, eating in the city (YAY for GroupOns and LivingSocial deals!), shopping in the city, and breathing in the city.  
  • Progress and Change.  (Maybe I have been in the city too long and am drinking the Obama koolaid?!) Seriously though, things are a-changin' and I'm loving it.  Most of the time.  I know it's all for the better though and that's really what's important. 
  • My new Cricut expressions 2... that I bought for only $200 at Michaels.  I reserve the right to remove this from my list if I can't get it to work properly.  The instruction manual looks a little intimidating.  
  • Cranberry sauce.  In a can.  No berries. 
  • My car.  It has heated seats and is beautiful.  I can't figure out how to connect my new iPhone to it's bluetooth, but I blame that bitch Siri, not my wonderful car.   
  • Good books.  I'm reading Game of Thrones right now.  I know it's nerdy, but it's great.  Give it a chance.  (I'm only on the second book of the series, so if it sucks somewhere down the road don't blame me.)
  • Faith.  Because it lets me know that I'm ok and will be ok.  

I honestly just realized that I'll be married next Thanksgiving.  AHHHHHHHHH.  SO EXCITED.  

Luis proposed to me the Monday after Thanksgiving last year... I bet you can guess what the next post will be about ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment